Inbound Marketing Blogfor Manufacturers and Healthcare Companies
2023 Inbound Marketing Stats on the Power of Call-to-Action Buttons
Inbound marketers are the first to tell you that CTAs are your secret weapon. Whether you’re looking to increase traffic, conversions, leads, or sales - CTAs are the gateways to visitor action on your website.
It's true, and it makes sense, but you've gotta back up your claims with evidence. In today's blog post, we've provided a convenient list of inbound marketing statistics that will help you convince others of the power of CTAs.
Why Do I Need CTAs?
- Emails with a single call-to-action increased clicks by 371% and sales by 1617%. (WordStream)
- According to Creative MMS:
-- CTAs on the landing page increase conversions by 80%
-- Revenue increases by 83% when relevant and well-placed
-- Site and product sign-up increases by 34%
- Grow & Convert estimates conversion rates for certain CTA locations on a given page:
-- Sidebar: 0.5 - 1.5%
-- Generic, end-of-post: 0.5 - 1.5%
-- Pop-ups: 1 - 8%
-- Sliders and bars: 1 - 5%
-- Welcome gates: 10 - 25%
-- Feature box: 3 - 9%
-- Navigation bar: varies
- Brafton made design changes for a client that focused on relevant, well-placed CTAs.
-- Adding CTA buttons to article templates increased revenue by 83% in one month.
-- E-commerce conversion rate increased 22% quarter over quarter.
-- Average order value for blog readers increased 49% quarter over quarter.
- When Social Times added social media sharing buttons to its emails, the result was a 158% increase in clickthrough rate (CTR). CTR is the number of clicks that your ad receives divided by the number of times your ad is shown.
CTA Optimization Hacks
- Archive Social increased their form clicks 101% by moving their primary CTA into a prominent position above the fold and differentiating colors (VWO)
- Multiple offers on landing pages reduce conversions by 266% (GMP)
- ContentVerve saw a 90% increase in click-through rate by using first-person phrasing: "Start my free 30 day trial" vs. "Start your free 30 day trial."
- Using a button-based CTA increased Campaign Monitor's click-through rate by 28% over a link-based CTA
- Landing page conversions drop when personal questions are asked (GMP)
- An increased conversion rate is seen in CTAs with 10 words or less (MarketingExperiments)
- Personalized CTAs convert 202% more visitors into leads than untargeted CTAs. (HubSpot)
- Neil Patel found that users prefer to learn about the offer before clicking a CTA - placing his CTA above the fold decreased conversions by 17%. (QuickSprout)
- Reducing clutter around their CTA increased Open Mile's conversion rate by 232%. (VWO)
- FriendBuy increased signups by 34% by adding anxiety-reducing content and explaining key benefits next to their CTA. (Copyblogger)
- Adding a call to action at the end (or beginning) of your LinkedIn post, encouraging people to click the thumbs up and like the post, is a very effective way of gaining more views and shares (OkDork)
- At the end of a test where one variant placed the CTA above the fold, and one placed it below the fold, the variant with the CTA below the fold generated a conversion lift of 304%. (ContentVerve)
- Adjusting the cover photo size and placing the CTA button right below the headline can generate a 47% increase in click-through rate to their pricing page. (WebFX)
- In a study by Leighton Interactive, they found the average click-through rate (CTR) for all CTAs across every industry is 4.23%.
-- Further analysis showed button CTAs performing the best at an average CTR of 5.31%
Putting Your CTA to Work
From your buyer persona to your industry-specific standards, only you will truly know what can work best for your business. Developing a successful CTA requires knowledge of what works, A/B testing to determine what works for you, and a willingness to experiment with new techniques.
The good news is, with these inbound marketing statistics, you now have a wealth of options to try out and see if they generate more leads!
(Editor's Note: this post was originally published on March 10, 2016 and was recently updated)
Our Blogs, Direct to Your Inbox!
How to Audit your Online Marketing
If you are executing digital marketing, congratulations! You are most likely already one step ahead of your competition, and making strides to meaningfully connect with prospects online. But, how do you know if you’re seeing continual success year over year, and improving your metrics?
Without the tools in place to analyze and benchmark your efforts, it is impossible to scale your online marketing and ensure continuous success.