Make sure your web content is visible online with this video tutorial on pointing your domain to HubSpot. You can watch the video, or follow along with the step-by-step guide below.
Watch Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0kVwW2XKVM
Steps to Pointing Your Domain to HubSpot with cPanel
If your website hosting has access to cPanel -- as is the case with most hosts like Bluehost, Hostgator, and many others -- and you want to point your site to hubspot, you’ll need to follow these simple steps.
- Log into your HubSpot account, navigate to Content > Content Settings.
- Click Domain Manager under Content Optimization System Tools.
The Domain Manager tool shows all of the domains associated with your HubSpot account. From here, you can check the connection status of each domain, edit each configuration, or remove them from your hubspot account.
- To add the new domain click “Connect Domain”
- Enter the subdomain that you want to connect to HubSpot under Domain to Connect.
This should be a subdomain - like blog.myslte.com - as you cannot connect the root domain (mysite.com) in hubspot.
- Next, select “Make Primary for the following tools” Then check the boxes that you would like to use for the subdomain.
If you have a basic hubspot subscription - you will only be able to choose “Make Primary for Content Tools.”
- Copy down the CNAME RECORD that hubspot gives you.
- Go to your CPanel account at your hosting provider.
- Go to the DNS ZONE Editor
- Choose CNAME (Alias) as the record type, and in the “Host” field - enter the subdomain that you want connected to hubspot.
For example - if you want the site to go to blog.yoursite.com you would use the word “blog” as your prefix. Make sure to Change the dropdown as “CNAME” under “Type.” Then paste the info that you copied from hubspot into the “Points to” Field.
- Then Click ADD RECORD
This record will then be sent out on web servers, and within 24 hours, it should take effect.
Do you need help?
We’ve love to be able to assist you with this. Give us a call at 814-596-0020 or email us at email@example.com