According to Software Advice's Marketing Automation Buyer Report, 85% of manufacturers cited the need to nurture leads due to a relatively long sales cycle associated with their product.
You may believe that your inbound marketing tactics will be over at lead generation -- but, you're wrong. In order to carry out a lead during the marketing funnel process, you need to nurture it. Lead nurturing is a vital role for all inbound marketers in order to gain valuable and sustainable relationships.
Manufacturing has a long buying cycle -- which is why lead nurturing is especially essential for this industry. B2B companies should be making consistent contact with prospects at all stages of the buying cycle to receive all of the awesome benefits of lead nurturing.
So why is lead nurturing important? Here are 20 stats that clearly prove the impact of lead nurturing strategies and marketing automation:
- According to the Annuitas Group, businesses that use marketing automation to nurture prospects experience a 451% increase in qualified leads. Nurtured leads also make 47% larger purchases than non-nurtured leads.
- Gleanster reports that using lead nurturing showed that 15-20% of the "not yet ready to purchase" opportunities converted into sales.
- 6 out of 10 survey respondents from Lenskold Group & Pedowitz Group who use marketing automation say it has increased the quantity AND quality of the leads that get passed to sales.
- Lead nurturing emails get 4-10 times the response rate compared to standalone email blasts. (Source: DemandGen Report)
- Triggered emails have a click-through rate 152% higher than traditional emails. (Source: Email Monks)
- Nurtured leads experience a 23% shorter sales cycle. (Source: Market2Lead)
- Bulldog Solutions reports companies that invest in marketing automation solutions see 70% faster sales cycle times and 54% improvement in quota achievement.
- According to Gartner Research, lead nurturing can potentially save 80% of your direct mail budget and bring a 10% or greater increase in revenue over 6-9 months.
- Marketing automation users report three times more leads passed to sales after one month. (Source: Marketo)
- Pedowitz's clients who use marketing automation report a 2-3x lift in conversion rates on raw leads to qualified opportunities. (Source: Marketo)
- ShipServ saw a 225% increase in the volume of prospects that converted to sales opportunities. (Source: Marketo)
- Companies that use marketing automation see 53% higher conversion rates and an annualized revenue growth rate 3.1% higher than non-users. (Source: Aberdeen Group)
- Gleanster reports that 74% of top-performing companies use automated lead nurturing.
- 96% of B2B marketers say segmentation is the most valuable method for improving conversion rates. (Source: Econsultancy)
- 79% of top-performing companies have been using marketing automation for more than two years. (Source: Gleanster)
- A study by CSO Insights showed that 89% of companies that aligned sales and marketing lead generation efforts reported measurable increases as a result of continuous nurturing.
- Marketing automation drives a 14.5% increase in sales productivity and a 12.2% reduction in marketing overhead. (Source: Nucleus Research)
- When asked to identify their primary revenue contribution drivers, the vast majority of marketers picked marketing automation systems (78%) and lead scoring based on content & engagement (68%). (Source: Lenskold and Pedowitz)
- According to invespcro, companies that excel at lead nurturing generate 50% more sales-ready leads at a 35% lower cost.
- Companies with mature lead generation and management practices have a 9.3% higher sales quota achievement rate. (Source: CSO Insights)
Lead nurturing is a crucial element in your marketing efforts. It helps businesses drive higher profits and ROI.
These are just a few of the 100's of other statistics that are out there. Companies are only going to continue to implement marketing automation & lead nurturing workflows and report their successes over time.
Want to be one of the success stories? You can get started with this guide to email automation with MailChimp: