You’ve spent months creating what you think is a solid marketing strategy. You’ve collected information. You’ve developed a buyer persona. You know the tactics you’ll use. And you’ve set goals.
But something doesn’t exactly click once it goes live. Your B2B digital marketing strategy is leaving a lot to be desired -- namely new customers and leads.
Sometimes strategic marketing efforts don’t end up working out entirely as planned. As disappointing as that may be, there is good news when that happens: A struggling marketing strategy does provide plenty of opportunities for quick wins and major improvements.
When regrouping to figure out your next move(s) in your marketing efforts, here are some stats to consider:
21 Stats for Your 2021 Digital Marketing Strategy
- 67% of B2B buyers prefer to research online alone and not talk to a seller at all. (Forrester)
- 88% percent of B2B marketers say their homepages talk primarily about their companies, products, and services. (Forrester)
- Companies that prioritize marketing efforts are 13x more likely to see positive ROI. (HubSpot)
- 97% of B2B marketers used LinkedIn as part of their content marketing efforts. (Content Marketing Institute)
- Personal value has 2x as much impact as business value on B2B purchasing decisions. (CMO)
A 2019 Demand Gen Report survey of 200 senior-level B2B marketing reps found that:
6. 41% consume 3 to 5 pieces of content before engaging with a sales rep.
7. 68% want to see B2B vendors organize content by issue/pain point.
8. Case studies and webinars are the top 2 types of most valuable influencer content formats.
9. 92% give the most credence to peer reviews/user-generated feedback.
10. 63% are willing to share information to access webinars.
13. B2B companies that blogged 11+ times per month had almost 3x more web traffic than those blogging 0-1 times per month. (HubSpot)
14. Businesses with blogs see 2x as much email traffic than businesses that don’t. (OptinMonster)
15. 70% of B2B buyers watch a video as part of researching a product. (Brafton)
16. 80% of consumers are more likely to do business with a company offering personalized experiences. (Epsilon Marketing)
17. 89% of those surveyed by Dun & Bradstreet said data quality drives the right B2B sales and marketing campaigns. (Dun & Bradstreet)
18. Nearly 35% of all product searches start on Google, while approximately 46% begin on Amazon. (eMarketer)
19. B2B purchasers are reporting their buyer’s journey is becoming longer, taking almost 20 hours before talking to a sales rep. (Showpad)
20. 60% of large companies use paid ads in addition to content marketing in their marketing strategies. (Brafton)21. 77% of internet users read blogs or subscribe to several. (Quoracreative)
Key Takeaways From These B2B Digital Marketing Strategy Stats:
- Make things personal -- try to connect on an individual level with your prospects.
- Provide content that's actually useful.
- Be active and searchable on the relevant online platforms
- Respect your potential customers in how they want to be approached.
(Editor's note: This article was originally published in October 2017 and was recently updated.)