The most action-producing pages on your site are usually your landing pages and homepage. That's why it's so important to optimize your landing pages and homepage for performance! You want to have a very solid understanding of what appears above the fold on these pages to ensure the visitor takes action.
Additionally, you should consider:
- What is your goal for the page? Is that clear above the fold?
- Build trust?
- Provide support?
- Simplicity and clarity are vital. These pages should not induce information overload!
- White space is your friend. Use it to highlight important aspects of your pages.
- Use consistent messages between your ads and landing pages.
- Model what works. The quickest way to beat a learning curve is to find someone who is successful already!!